CateraOwners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JB Weld

4 posters

Go down

JB Weld Empty JB Weld

Post by Matera97 3/5/2010, 15:24

Okay so over the winter, I had to swurve to avoid a pedestrian who thought it would be a good idea to run out into the street when it had a layer of ice on it. Anyhoo, this cause me to hit the compressed snow on the side of the road and the plastic piller on the rightside (facing the car) of my driving lights broke. Will JB Weld work on plastics?
Matera97
Matera97

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

JB Weld Empty Re: JB Weld

Post by ARMY_MP_From_MO 3/7/2010, 11:11

I've never tried JB Weld. If you try it, let us know how it works.
ARMY_MP_From_MO
ARMY_MP_From_MO

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by yomincarr 3/7/2010, 21:57

yea it will. Used it a lot in when i was in the Coast Guard...but believe it or not, there are some epoxys out there that have a lot higher strength than JB...next time i go to work ill write down the brand name of what we carry and post it here. I know we have one that comes in one of the twin cylinders that automatically mixes when it dispenses. Saves some of the mess of mixing with JB, and its clear, if thats what you need...I know the holding strength is 3500 PSI so i dont think youd have a problem with it letting go. If they dont have Auto Zone in Halifax try advance or another parts store they should carry something similar.
yomincarr
yomincarr

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Matera97 3/8/2010, 15:27

Thanks for the info, if you can get the name of the clear stuff it may work better for me. I may just scrap repairing it and get a new front bumper, I know of a yard that has a catera with a good front bumper. Painting it will suck, but its better than a cracked bumper...
Matera97
Matera97

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by yomincarr 3/9/2010, 20:49

Hey man the name of it is 5 minute epoxy, the brand is Versachem...it is clear in color and has a strength of 1500 psi. its probably best as its clear and waterproof. The 3500 psi is black in color, and not waterproof. there is also a 60 sec version that is cream colored and has a strength of 1250 psi. all of them sell for 4.99 each, hope that helps.
yomincarr
yomincarr

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 3/9/2010, 23:18

Meyer sells a lot of them and so does Walmart, I usually but the stuff from there.

The JB weld is quite strong and I have seen my dad repair engine blocks with it drill it and sand it after wards...

one time he fixed a oil pan with it... stuffed a bunch of it in the opening where the old threads were gone...
Then drilled a nice hole in the middle and tapped it.

To this day the oil plug still works...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-05-05

https://cateraowners.forumotion.com,  http://www.cardomain.com/ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down