CateraOwners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*STICKY* OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement)

5 posters

Go down

*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) Empty *STICKY* OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement)

Post by Admin 5/20/2008, 16:46

Here is the long awaited OMEGA replacement

*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) 06_opel_insignia_first
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) 01_opel_insignia_first
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) 02_opel_insignia_first
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) 03_opel_insignia_first
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) 04_opel_insignia_first
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) 05_opel_insignia_first
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-05-05

https://cateraowners.forumotion.com,  http://www.cardomain.com/ri

Back to top Go down

*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) Empty Re: *STICKY* OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement)

Post by elvin315 5/23/2008, 19:51

Billed as a Vectra replacement, its an AWD sedan. It'll come here as a 2011 Pontiac G6 and the 2012 Chevy Malibu. Rumor is we'll also see it as the 2010 Buick LaCrosse and the 2010 Saab 9-3. Expect a Saturn version too. Bob Lutz is globalizing GM in a big way. Too bad US designed and built GM vehicles, except for Corvettes, Cadillacs, and trucks, don't seem good enough to compete on the world market.

I think the Insignia looks horrible. Too busy, and the sloped rear roof looks to low to provide enough headroom for adult passengers. I prefer the cleaner look of past German cars. Now they all look like Bizarro Japanese nightmares. Accents and contours for no reason.

German cars used to be Function over Form. Now they're all show. You used to be able to tell a BMW or MB from any angle. Now they may as well be Hyundais. Me, I'll take an older, uglier, mid-2K BMW. Even a 2005 Audi looks better to me than the latest crop from Munich and Stuttgart. I think I'll wait for the rumored Chevy Impala.

2009 Opel Insignia - Opel playing catch-up and going too far.
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) Medium_2422400501_76430be3fa_o

2012 BMW 3-series - They should be shot for doing this to a BMW. Hope it's toned down before production.
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) Cs3bmw3pb3

2008 Mercedes Benz C-Class - Better than the rest of the new wave but still too Japanese. It just doesn't look like a Benz.
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) 2008_Mercedes_CClass_ext_1

2009 Hyundai Genesis - Perfect if you like Japanese styling. Actually preferable to the Germans.
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) Hyundai-genesis-front-leftjpg

2005 BMW 325i - Not cutting edge but still very attractive. It looks like a BMW.
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) 1002468

2005 Audi A4 Quattro - Kind of plain but better looking than the latest German fare.
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) P4089a

2010 Chevrolet Impala SS - This is what I'd buy. I found pictures of a 2008 Holden Commodore Omega, badged as a Chevrolet Impala SS, destined for Saudi Arabia and other overseas markets. I prefer it over the Pontiac G8. Same car, different trim. I like its looks much better. No split grill, no hood scoop, and less chrome. I'll wait and see how the G8 does in terms of reliability and buy an Impala SS in 2010.
*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) Medium_800773841_e94511cf81_o

Elvin

elvin315
elvin315

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-05-21

http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/the_catera

Back to top Go down

*STICKY*  OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement) Empty Re: *STICKY* OPEL INSIGNIA (Omega Replacement)

Post by skruntie 5/24/2008, 08:35

I just looked up the Impala SS

Nice looking car and saw they did an LS version.

Down side for me is there is no mention of the drive train that I could find, and the only clue was a pic of a red car with what looks like a front wheel drive engine layout.

http://www.chevrolet.com/impala/photogallery/

May be wrong and hope I am but for a n Omega / Catera replacemrnt surely it's gotta be RWD
skruntie
skruntie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl

Back to top Go down

Post by yomincarr 2/9/2010, 23:48

it looks nice, and definately has a little malibu in it...im guessing we wont see it in all its forms here. too bad pontiac and saturn got the ax...i think all car fans shed a tear that day :-(
yomincarr
yomincarr

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Matera97 3/1/2010, 19:17

I know this is an older post, but I guess its no longer a mystery that the Insignia is coming to North America as the 2010 Buick Regal... Now I heard a nasty rumor that we will not be getting the V6 with the manual transmission. If this is the case I'm ordering my from across the pond. Along with the OPC brembo brakes lol....Real brembos, no stickers!
Matera97
Matera97

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down