Sport Mode..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sport Mode..

Post by Seniorevilpants on 7/23/2011, 08:32

Anybody have an idea as to how many times we might run our trans up to that 6000rpm marker before a trans flush might be nessecary..?
Seniorevilpants

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sport Mode..

Post by yomincarr on 7/28/2011, 13:26

have no idea, ive brought the car up that high many times and its been happy to do so. I called the dealer around here not long ago and asked what was involved in a transmission servicing. They told me all they will do is just back flush the system and refill with new fluid, wanted 160 for the job. If thats all they are doing and theres no filter replacement involved I would just do it yourself if you can.
yomincarr

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2010-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seniorevilpants on 7/28/2011, 20:08

yeah, thats probably what im going to end up doing, either that or just running it out. it shifts great it seems and i have no idea if a trans flush has ever been, or if it was recently for that point. at any rate, i do indeed move my car pirat
Seniorevilpants

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elvin315 on 2/20/2012, 10:19

Sort of late to respond but here goes.

Who counts their Sport Mode usage? I don't. We can't inspect its fluid so I say leave the the transmission alone until there's a problem. I don't mean the occasional Sprocket Light but some real slipping, skipped gears, or rough shifts. These 4L30E trannies can be touchy. A flush and refill could just be asking for trouble. By all means check the fluid level every third or fourth oil change otherwise leave it alone. I myself am addicted to the Shift Mode and spin the engine to near redline often. No problems so far.
elvin315

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-05-21

View user profile http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/the_catera

Back to top Go down

Post by yomincarr on 3/24/2012, 20:02

I noticed my tranny dropping out of gear a few weeks ago and did some looking, turns out the cooler connection was leaking. Had my mechanic flush it and fix the leak. Shifts like butter now!
yomincarr

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2010-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top