CateraOwners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to: 3.8Bar FPR.

+2
yomincarr
CateraMV6
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to: 3.8Bar FPR. - Page 2 Empty How to: 3.8Bar FPR.

Post by CateraMV6 3/8/2010, 23:14

First topic message reminder :

After porting and polishing, the next step was to match some of that extra air with extra fuel by tricking the ECU.

The stock Catera FPR is 3.0 Bar which is roughly 45psi.
The stock CTS 3.2L FPR is 3.8 Bar and that is close to 55psi.

Catera fuel injector is 225cc/min
CTS Fuel injector is 240cc/min

IN the future I will have the ECU chipped and reprogrammed through a European tuner but for now its staying as is.

Here is the differences. .
How to: 3.8Bar FPR. - Page 2 DSC05435
How to: 3.8Bar FPR. - Page 2 DSC05437
How to: 3.8Bar FPR. - Page 2 DSC05441

Now here is the though process after the above upgrade.

The size difference of the injectors wont matter much but the increased Fuel PSI will alow for a much better spray, and thus better atomization of the fuel. Once fuel is mixed with more air you can produce more power.

At 55psi the fuel is sprayed much better then at 45psi and the difference is quite noticeable.

Before the upgrade at say 3000rpm in 2nd gear, if you hit WOT, there was a bit of hesitation and then power started to climb. Now with the new FPR power seems instant, and the car pulls very hard through the rest of the RPMs.

I was surprised of how much porting and larger FPR improved the top end of the power band.

At 5500-6500rpm power is insane and never drops off..

Also noticed at 70mph and WOT, power is instantaneous and there is no delay, it also pulls much harder now with the torque converter not being locked quite yet.

Once its locked the sprint between 80-90mph is mind boggling. NO more flat spots along the power band, you can feel the motor breathing a lot better and as a result the power it makes is quite nice too.

My scan gauge had a max HP of 186HP before the upgrades, tonight i saw it hit 194HP at the top of 2nd gear.
CateraMV6
CateraMV6

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-05-06

https://cateraowners.forumotion.com, Cardomain.com/memberpage/300

Back to top Go down

How to: 3.8Bar FPR. - Page 2 Empty Re: How to: 3.8Bar FPR.

Post by globuslive 1/6/2013, 17:17

I have Innova 3060 and OpCom. With OpCom I was able to find SRS system's errors, it brought me to door sensor. I replaced the sensor, but wasn't able to reset the Airbag lights. Dealer did it for free. I used Vectra 2.5 protocol to be able to see that. Also you can read some info from EBCTM module, if not, then aluminium wire is cut (our common issues). So I would say it works partically. Innova has option to read abs and srs, but nothing works on Catera, basic ECM diagnostics only. I messed around for long time with OpCom, saved me some money on SRS system though. Have you tried to Polish whole intake manifold's channels yet? Thinking to do that! Might increase some smooth airflow, what do you think?

globuslive

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by globuslive 1/23/2013, 03:10

Hey guys! Here is my update so far. Recently I did port and polishing my 3.2L engine. Didn't replace bolts yet, because can't find right ones. MV6, what thread is there? Looks like 4mm is too big, isn't it? I got some easier breath of the engine, not significant HP's, but responses better for sure. Funnier to drive obviously ))) But I have one concern. Now my idles play around. Not stable. It wasn't before. I touched a bit intake manifold's ports inside. Could it cause this unstable idles? I rushed to put it together since used my friends work space. Don't like to rush in such projects, but..... Also one of the original screws was shortened. And it's only one of four. Could it cause that? Now it's too cold outside to practice on that, so would like to hear some prof opinions on that before I mess with that. Also good news, I got CTS fuel rail for my next try on Catera ))) bounce

globuslive

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum